North American Warehousing, through its real estate affiliates, owns and operates two modern single-story facilities in Bedford Park, Illinois. Our building at 6800 W. 68th Street is 200,808 square feet and our facility at 5350 W. 70th Place is 206,548 square feet. See facility locations.
Our 6800 facility was built in 1980 and has 16 truck dock doors and 2 ground level doors. The ceiling has a 22-foot high clearance. The storage areas are segregated into General Merchandise (87,000 ft²), Food Grade (40,000 ft²), and Flammable (70,000 ft²). This warehouse has 4 rail spots and is serviced by The Belt Railway of Chicago.
Our 5350 facility was built in 1979. The ceiling has a 24-foot high clearance. The storage area is Food Grade and includes approximately 45,000 square feet of approved aerosol and high-security storage. This warehouse has 20 truck doors, one ground level door, and 3 rail spots and is also serviced by The Belt Railway of Chicago.Housekeeping Practices and Sanitation:
- Daily walk-thru by supervisors or managerial staff.
- Cleaning crews and floor scrubbing 1 to 2 times weekly or as needed.
- Pest control is contracted with McCloud Pest Control Specialists with frequently scheduled inspection and treatment for potential pest activity and monitoring.
- Ceiling mounted power air ventilators in the flammable room.
- Ventilation hood over drumming line.
- The food grade room has an air exchanger.
- Safe handling
- The flammable room is constructed as a containment area, able to hold 261,000 gallons of liquid.
- The containment area drains into the front dock area, which is able to hold another 100,000 gallons of liquid.
- The system is a wet sprinkler system with 100% building coverage.
- Four risers with a density of .25 over 3,000 ft² and two risers in the Flammable area with a density of .60 over 3,000 ft².
- 2,000 square feet.
- Can maintain product temperature to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 40,000 square feet.
- Maintained at up to 65 degrees Fahrenheit in winter months.
- Others—inquire as to whether your product fits into one of these other categories
- Covers all facilities
- Includes alarms for fire, burglar, fire pump, sprinkler flow, low temperature and audible voice/sound remote recognition.
- 24/7 central monitoring.